Monday, December 22, 2008

yay.

AHAHAHA I heard the funniest announcement today when I was riding the escalator in a department store with my friend.  Japanese escalators are superbly annoying in that they have totally unnecessary warnings and reminders on replay...some sad little woman mournfully beseeching any escalator riders to "please hold the hands of young children", "please stand in the middle of the step" (which is actually very, very bad advice, as I will kick you to the side if I happen to pass by), and to "please hold the hand rail".  Whatever, lady.  

Then right after that:
"Terrorist attacks are strictly forbidden.  Explosives are not permitted in the store."

Well, actually, I was planning on carrying out a terrorist attack...but hey, you know, if the monotonic lady says it's forbidden - better respect her wishes, right?  I'll go get rid of my bomb.

Oh, also, I'm taking a 7:50 am bus to the airport tomorrow!  New York City, here I come.

No comments: