I'm going on a ski trip!
Yes, I am. A five-day trip with about 70 other kids from my school. I'm excited, except for one thing.
None of my "close" friends are going, which leaves me relatively friendless and alone. Well, a few of my friends from other classes are going, but they have their own close friends that they'd rather hang out with. And it's not that everyone else is completely vile and unapproachable - they're just all busy with their own friends, which is understandable. Fine. The only issue is rooming. Apparently, we get to choose our own roommates - but I had nobody in mind! Soooo, when we had our first orientation the other day...come room-assigning time, I was quite apprehensive.
I ended up deciding to room with these two girls in the class next to me that i kiiind of know. Not very well, and I'm kind of nervous about it, but I'm willing to give it a shot. You can't make new friends if you don't get to know them first, right? My main point here, though, is how thoughtful and caring my friends from the other classes were. They were all really worried about me, and even though I'd assured them that I'd be fine, they all ambushed me later being like, "Did you find someone to room with? Are you okay? Sure?" It was really sweet.
People are awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i wanna move to yo school.
Post a Comment